Info & Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What times are you open?
A: We are open from 8.30am to 5pm Mondays to Fridays and 9am to 1pm on Saturdays. We do not close for lunch or have any early-closing days.

Q: Is there parking nearby?
A: The Teign Street public car park is located directly at the rear of our shop and can be found by following the directions on our Contact page. We are always happy to help customers carry heavy items to and from their vehicles. Other nearby car parks are located at the main Co-Op supermarket and in Quay Road.

Q: I need an electrician- are you qualified?
A: Yes, we are registered as Part P electricians with ELECSA and the quality of our work is assessed annually to ensure that we provide you with the best possible service. For your peace of mind, our Approved Contractor certificate is on display in our retail outlet.

Q: Do you install or re-tune televisions?

A: Yes, we provide installation and re-tuning services for TVs, digital set-top boxes and audio items. Our tutorial services can explain, in clear, easily understandable terms, how to operate and get the best out of your audio-visual system. We can also fit indoor aerials, wall mount television equipment and help with picture or sound problems.

Q: Do you deliver?
A: Yes, local delivery is free within a 3 mile radius for orders over £100. There is a small fee for orders under £100 or locations outside the local area. We can also post items to you, which can be cheaper and more convenient for some of our customers.

Q: What’s the situation with the filament lightbulb ban?
A: Traditional filament lightbulbs (such as GLS, candle and golfball lamps) are being phased out of production in favour of energy efficient alternatives. We still currently have all types of filament lamps, including 100w, 150w and 200w GLS lamps, available only until stocks are exhausted. We also have many different alternative options, including daylight effect lamps, halogen GLS & candle lamps and non-flicker/fast-start fluorescent lamps.

Q: I have an item I’d like you to repair, how do I get it to you?
A: You can either drop the item into our retail outlet or contact us to arrange a collection. If you are located further afield, you can post small items to us using the Repair Request Form, which contains further information about the service.

Q: What’s an EICR? When should portable appliance testing be carried out? Do fixed appliances need to be tested?
A: We receive many queries from landlords, business owners, management companies and tenants about electrical safety in commercial and rented properties. As part of our customer service to you we have produced a free PDF guide to current electrical regulations. Read the Guide.

Q: Can I get DAB (digital radio) in my area? If not, what are the alternate options?
A: You can type your postcode into the DAB availability checker on the Roberts Radio website (on the right hand side of the page). This will give you a good indication of which stations you are likely to receive. In the local Teignbridge area the reception varies tremendously, however there are plans for a new transmitter to be installed in the area which will boost the signal. We have no completion date as yet but will provide updates as we receive them.

In the interim, we advise people in poor reception areas to consider DAB radios which feature an external aerial socket, or which have a backup analogue band function. Internet radios are also available, which can play several thousand worldwide radio stations via your existing wireless internet connection. Call in to see us for more information.